Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Ben's been busy being...well, Ben!

I have recently suffered from major writer's block! Apparently there is no drug to correct it, no rehab that will treat it, and no homeopathic remedy to cure it! I've started about a dozen posts, but I can't seem to finish them. I wish I had as much lethargy when I finished off a bag of Caramel popcorn that I got from the Cub Scouts! Anyways... I guess I have to start somewhere! Let's see if I can recap Ben's last 3-4 months. Because if I can recap Ben's then I'm obligated to do one for Andrew, and you can count on another post! WooHoo!

We attended Ashley's wedding in August! Here are my handsome men!

Ben has started the first grade! He loves his teacher, and he likes all of his classmates! If you notice closely he has also decided that he's old enough, and cool enough, to sport a faux-hawk every morning. So he is now doing his hair!

We had our yearly end-of-the-summer get-together with a handful of couples from our church. We always have a great time playing with our friends, riding the horse, and this year the boys swam in the cow's pond! They loved it! I just tried not to think about what they were swimming in! Ha ha!

Ben turned SEVEN! Since school has started he's lost three teeth (two of them at school). We can't hardly believe how big he's getting, and how grown up he is!

The boys celebrated their birthdays together, again! It might be the last year we do this, but they had a blast at the Star Wars party. We even had a visit from Darth Vadar!

We took our annual trip to the pumpkin patch! Both of the boys love the maze and checking out all of the different kinds of pumpkins!

Continuing with our slew of traditions... We had pumpkin painting again this year!

Ben's fainting goats had babies this year! The babies were so cute! He loves his animals on Nana's farm, but even better, I think he liked the profit he made when those babies got new homes!

Jedi Ben loved Halloween again this year!

Ben also received Student of the Month in October!! His teacher nominated him for exhibiting the character trait of the month, "Loyalty". She said that he is such a good and loyal friend to everyone!

One of Ben's new activities this year is Scouts! He is enjoying being a Tiger Cub, and he LOVES wearing the uniform, which I think he happens to look very handsome in!

Proud Mom got to pin on his Bobcat badge during our pack meeting!

Our tree finally lost all of it's leaves, and of course we have to play in them! This is one of our favorite things about fall!

Ben played with the Vipers again this year. He's been with his team for 5 seasons now. As you can see, he's still a smidge taller than his teammates! We had a very good season with only two losses, out of 8 games.

Ben's favorite part about soccer are the trophy's!

Ben's class celebrated Thanksgiving by making Indian headbands! Since Andrew is now in preschool, I've started volunteering in Ben's classroom on Thursday's. It's been so nice to see him in this environment and help his class and his teacher!

And lastly, one of my favorite Christmas traditions is painting our ornaments!

As you can see, we have had a busy few months! We finally finished our soccer season, and we went directly into basketball! I think he's enjoying the new sport, as it's his first season to play! With sports, scouts, church and schoolwork we are usually pretty busy! Ben is starting to really enjoy reading and it's so nice to see him finally take pleasure in it! He's growing up so fast, and he is so much fun to be around! I hope you enjoy watching him grow up almost as much as I do!

1 comment:

Saltsfarm said...

Love the post - even seeing him regularly I see the difference in him through his pictures. I do love a man in uniform. So cute.