* This was written yesterday, Monday, but it didn't go through. Ben's feeling better!
I knew something was up when he didn't want to eat breakfast, but I tend to be in "go, go, go" mode in the mornings that I didn't stop and look for the cues. He seemed lethargic enough that I actually called Jason and said, "I think he's coming down with something." At noon I got the phone call that Ben was running a fever and I needed to pick him up from school. He wasn't eating lunch and he didn't want to participate in anything. He doesn't have a sore throat or an upset stomach, so I think it's just a bug. Hopefully he'll be better tomorrow! I was laying in bed with him tonight, waiting to Jason to come in and tuck him in, and Ben was hiding under the covers, hiding from Daddy. He had been quiet for awhile, but when Jason came in I ducked under the covers too. Jason said something about, "Well, if mommy and Ben aren't in here, I'm going to watch the game." We thought he tiptoed out, but he went to the end of the bed and pulled the covers off while yelling "Gotcha!". I think Ben almost died! I guess he had fallen asleep waiting for Daddy, so Daddy truly scared him! Ben got up and said, "I think you scared the germs out of me!"
Ben was in Children's Church on Wednesday night and the teachers were talking about what plants need to grow and they were taking very respectable answers like sunlight and water. Ben's answer was compost. :) I got asked later what kind of kid I'm raising! Haha! I told his teacher that Ben watched Curious George after school that day and George was making compost. So I guess Curious George is a pretty good teacher!
After we dropped Ben off at school, Andrew and I went to run some errands. When I got back in the van I realized that the VBS music was still playing. Now, I like kid's songs as much as the next person, but I really wanted to listen to the radio for awhile, so I turned the radio on. It wasn't two seconds and Andrew starts whining in the back. (FYI- his whine sounds like a cat outside your window at night. Not the "meow" cat but the "yowl" cat.) So there's Andrew in the back...yowl, yowl! Out of reflex, I turn back to the CD, it stops. Wait a second... I think. Did he just stop? I'm wondering if that was a freak thing, or if that just really happened. Click (back to radio). YOWL, YOWL!! Click (back to CD!) Silence. I tried it a few more time, same response. That cracked me up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment