Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Another Week in Photos

We've had another busy week! Ben has been on Fall Break since last Thursday. Jason took Friday off, so we had a nice long weekend. Ben goes back to school tomorrow, and I'm really going to miss him. We've had a lot of fun the last few days, but I have to admit that it will be really nice to get back on schedule. I haven't written in awhile, so I'm sure my brain has eaten up a lot of funny stories, but I'll put a few down before they escape!

Ben has gotten to be quite the little prodigy on the Wii. His favorite sport now is the boxing. If you win enough games your "Mii" goes to the pro status. Ben has two players at pro status. He asked me to play, and I reluctantly agreed. I used to be really good, but for some reason I can punch and punch and my "Mii" doesn't even lift her hands to block. Grrr... So, I'm basically Ben's punching bag! After he won three consecutive games he'd stop the game before the announcer could yell "KNOCK OUT" and declare that "that's just ridiculous." And then he'd promptly start another game. After a few more, even MY patience wore out and I had to quit. I'm still a Cullison after all and I'm terribly competitive! When I gracefully walked away, I could here Ben behind me calling "Mom, just watch me. See how it's done? You just punch until you knock them down. It's not that hard. Can you see me doing it?" My mouth fell open at my son's critique on my apparent boxing retardedness and I could hear Jason stifle a snort from the kitchen.

There was another incident of Ben boxing that had me in stitches....he was boxing and this girl was to be his next opponent. He is a little reluctant to fight the girls, only because he thinks they are so good. After awhile he yells, "MOM! I GOT HER DOWN!" I playfully call out, "Ben, I can't believe you're hitting girls!" And his response was, "I can't believe they keep getting up!"

Ben in the leaves!

Andrew's second birthday. I made that pathetic looking, but delicious cake all by myself!

Me and my boys

Sneeking a lick


Rew and Ben hiking at the Red Bud nature center.

Daddy and Rew taking a breather.

Mom's got hiking hair, don't laugh!

Ben didn't want to pose for photos

We found a nice little cave


I didn't think to use my flash on a very sunny day, so some of these are blurry, but we had a blast on the big rocks!

My little rock climbers


Check out those calves!

We found a caterpiller!

If you have read any of the Diana Gabaldon books, you can see my hesitancy walking through the cleft in the rocks. I wasn't dressed to go back in time 200 years!

The boys and I went to the pumpkin patch today!




2 comments:

Saltsfarm said...

I am glad that you found Red Bud. It looked like you had fun.

Angela said...

I like it when you do your week in pictures... What fun you all had! Makes me feel like a lazy bum!

And I don't think your cake looks bad. I still haven't posted the picture of the Hulk cake I did yesterday b/c I can't decide if my ego can take the hit of posting something so awful. Ugh. Anyway, I hope you take the class soon though, I think you'll love it.