
I was surpised to get an email the next morning to find out that I was the only one who guessed correctly. Actually, truth be told, I was the ONLY one who guessed that day. It was just icing on the cake that it was correct! (I did find out later that one other person guessed, the next morning, but it her location was incorrect.) So, I thought it would be fun to take both of the boys to the newspaper for our photo of Rowdy. (This is what stay at home mom's do in their free time!) Ben thought it was a blast! He thought Rowdy was a trophy, and didn't understand why we were taking him home with us!

http://www.owassoreporter.com/articles/2008/11/06/news/doc49132d073eaf1487319617.txt
_____________
When I went to get Andrew out of his crib this morning, he perked up when he heard Ben's voice in the other room and he shouted, "Ben"! When I put him down he ran for his brother and hugged him while repeating, "Ben"! Ben asked him how he slept and then handed Andrew his leapster. (The leapster is a source of contention in our house. They are constantly fighting over it. It has consequently been banned from the van!) So I was truly touched that he just handed it over. Andrew ran over saying, "Mommy! Game!" and I gushed about how nice it was that Ben gave that to him. I looked up at Ben and said, "Ben, that was very nice of you!" Ben looked up and said, "I don't mind, it's out of batteries."
I was picking out clothes for the boys and as I was walking past the living room Ben told me that he's "reading" books to Andrew and teaching him new words. He was proud of Andrew for attempting to say "octopus", and was encouraging Andrew to say more words. As I walked into Ben's room, I could no longer hear what they were saying, but as I came back to the living room Ben said, "Mom, I taught Andrew new words." He turns to Andrew and says, "Andrew say 'pee pee'!" To which Andrew promptly replies "PEE PEE" (he also pointed to the general location)! Then Ben said, "Andrew, say 'poo poo'." To which Andrew replied, "POO POO!" I should probably screen all "new words" before Ben teaches them from now on!
On a side note, I'd like to thank you all for taking the time to read this from time to time! I hope that these stories continue to make you all laugh. The reason behind this blog was so that you all, our families, would feel like you were up-to-date on our family activities. I know that we live far away from most of you, so it's nice that you can watch the boys grow up along with us. I know it makes our visits nicer too when you know what they've been doing in between visits! I love to hear what you think about these stories! Please keep emailing me, or commenting on the blog! It's nice to know someone's reading it!

4 comments:
I actually would have guessed correctly! Weird, b/c I never get those things. Congrats on winning the contest! You are in that area pretty frqeuently though, huh?
And I do like your stories. I love comparing our notes on motherhood! :o)
I don't think I would have gotten it but then I vote in Ramona and don't drive around Owasso much anymore. Love the stories - I still think you should publish them!!
Coming from a teacher.....your little boys will be teaching each other a lot of things in the near future. I am sure mommy will be giggling a lot or crying. HA! Thanks for the pictues as well as your stories. Love you all....
This is my first time on The Jennings Four and I love it! It is heart warming to hear all about what you guys are doing and the boys are growing up so fast. Love you guys!
Post a Comment