Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Have a Voice...Vote!


I think my vote should count three times because I took my two boys with me to vote! As it happens, I voted in a church and it was the teen area of the church to boot. So the boys were more than happy to play with the foosball table while I voted. Ben actually took part in the process, because he actually officially cast my ballot. He was very excited when the machine ate my ballot! Both of them also got stickers. When I put Andrew's sticker on him, Ben turned to him and said, "Andrew, did you vote?" And Andrew replied, "Yeah!" I kind of hate to publish this, especially if you were less fortunate, but I didn't have to wait at all. I got to walk right in and grab a ballot. I think there should be an express line for mom's anyways. Let's face it, if you're voting with no kids, you want the kids out of there so you can concentrate anyways, right? Luckily, it was a breeze. We went to the park afterwards and swung from the bars and soaked up the last of the "Indian summer".

Yesterday, Ben had a vote at school. I was curious what he learned, and what he retained so I naturally quizzed him in the car. He said that voting is something that adults do and the person, or thing, with the most votes wins. I was curious if they mock voted on the actual candidates and he said that they voted and chocolate won. Before you go thinking that he just made a greivious socially unacceptable error I want you to know that they voted on chocolate or strawberries. The chocolate won thirteen to nine! I'm sure I could go into some object lesson there, where one candidate was chocolate, one was strawberries. And I could say that chocolate is popular, but not especially good for you, whereas strawberries are good for you, but you might not always want strawberries, especially if you've had strawberries for the last eight years. But they are still the wiser, healthier choice. But I'm not going to go there... :)

I can't really think of anything particularly noteworthy (unless you count Andrew eating a half a pack of orange gum today "noteworthy") so I'll end with a few pictures!


Andrew in his "Ladies Man" shirt with Dani and her friends at her 18th birthday party.



Our style of dancing includes a lot of head stands!


This was all the "air" mommy could muster!


This was more do-able!



3 comments:

Angela said...

I think chocolate covered strawberries should have won - yum! Darn, now I want chocolate!

I think Rebekah's class voted on cats vs dogs. However, I didn't get as much info out of her as you did with Ben. She just said she voted for cat and one of her friends said she also voted for cat. I asked which won the election and she just asked me why the teachers didn't let them keep the ballots. I said so they could tally them. Then she wanted to know what tally meant. Then tally was a funny word and she went on to some other randomness. Therefore, I got distracted and forgot what we'd originally been talking about and still never found out whether cats or dogs won.

Stephanie said...

The cat's won, 6-7. Ben told me that he voted for dogs, but that their votes are "private" so he didn't know who else voted for dogs! That was on Wednesday though. I think they must be doing that in the afternoon when they are all together, because he said that Austin voted for chocolate too, on Monday. I'm sure that together we can piece this story up right!

Aunt Karen said...

Wow, Ben! No hands on the slide!