Then I have some of Andrew and Daddy wrestling. This is the theme of my life. It all boils down to boogers, brain inactivity (marked by a tolerance to extreme heat and cold) and wrestling. That's my world.
I have this plaque that hangs on my bedroom wall called, "Why God Made Little Girls" and it's a cute poem listing all of the best qualities of little girls. It's been on one wall or another since I was a little girl. Anyways, it got me thinking about what the poem "Why God Made Little Boys" would be like. I think it sounds a little like this:
God made the world with it's towering trees
To give boys a bathroom wherever they please.
Then paused and said, "It needs one thing more--
How about some toys strewn all over the floor.
So his mom will feel totally out of place,
Let's teach the boys to burp in another person's face.
Noses for picking, gas to be passed, and sand in his hair
Rocks in his pockets and bugs handled with care.
Running, and climbing and jumping out of the cart,
His efforts almost stop his poor mother's heart."
Rough and tumble are his favorite games
A Daddy to wrestle with will fulfill his aims.
Nine parts energy, one part still
He'll make his mom's life a thrill.
But the best hugs and kisses are his sway
Because mommy holds his heart until he gives it away.
Anyways, here are some cute photos, with completely dressed boys, outside today. I hope you enjoy!

3 comments:
What a great poem. So creative!!
this is such a cute post! Love, Love, love that poem! Andrew's barefeet in the snow cracked me up!
I can relate to the "boy" things. Yesterday, the boys started arguing 1st thing in the morning over who had the harder boogers!
I love your poem Stephanie, too cute! Girls can have their gross out moments too, but I'm sure it can't compare to living with 3 boys! Last night when I was tucking Rebekah into bed she sniffed and I asked if her nose was stuffy. She said yeah and then said if she picked all the boogers, she could make one giant booger to freeze. I asked her why she'd want to do that. She said she didn't know and then said, you can freeze Cheerios too. I asked what do Cheerios have to do with boogers (that just seemed incredibly random). Then she said, I don't know what you're talking about, you can eat cheerios but not boogers! Thsi might be the difference, maybe boys would see them both as edible?!
Oh and I've been tempted to call you a couple times, but Sarah's been feverish off and on since Sunday. :o(
Post a Comment