Thursday, April 2, 2009

Update on the Boys

It's been awhile! Have you missed us?

March was such a busy month! Among our regular activities of school, church, work and home life, we had many other events! Our month was filled with events like:
1. Ben finally getting his hard shoe off. His toe has healed, and he is completely mended. When we got back to the car, I told him that I had a surprise for him...a brand new pair of shoes. As Ben put them on, he informed me that this wasn't really a great surprise!
2. We visited the Tulsa Children's Museum on Spring Break. The boys had a blast. There was so much to see and play with. They were so worn out afterwards!



What started off as two kids playing a game...


Ended up with a lot of spectators!

3. We visited the Jenks Aquarium with the boys and Jason's mom (Meena). Andrew walked around all day saying, "Mama, look! A wish (fish)!" Near the end, I was able to sit Andrew on a ledge in front of a large tank of some of the most colorful fish, and he just sat there for about 10-15 minutes, not moving, just staring at these fish! Ben got to touch a sting ray and a tiger shark, and even feed the sting rays. It was a lot of fun!
4. We attended a Birthday party for one of Ben's friends. It was a Dora theme, so they had to find the birthday cake (because Swiper the fox stole it)! It was a really fun party till Ben just couldn't hold it together anymore! And the next day I found out why...


5. Ben diagnosed with strep, and both the boys went on antibiotics! We like to give more than just cards and presents at birthday parties. It's not really fun unless we can expose other children to strep!
6. Ben also got his first ever breathing treatment. The doctor was very surprised that he's never had one before. Apparently nebulizer treatments are more popular than the Disney channel.
7. I was diagnosed the next day with an ear infection and sinus infection, and apparently I have a deviated septum! The doctor asked if my nose has ever been broken before. Although it hasn't been (to my knowledge) I did tell him that I have two boys and a husband, and bumps to the nose are very common in our house. I can't hardly zip up a jacket without one of the boys hopping up and down, and conking me on the nose and making my eyes water. Anything is possible! At least I don't snore!
8. Andrew had another speech appointment at TU. They determined that his comprehension is above average, but his language is very borderline as far as therapy is concerned. We've decided to wait it out and see how he's doing at three.
9. I attended a baby shower for my sister-in-law. It was some very nice girl time. I don't hardly get enough of that!
10. AND FINALLY....we enrolled Ben into Kindergarten for next year. I can't believe he's old enough, but he grew up overnight.

Whew!

I have hopes that April won't be as busy, but it's not looking that way! We've been painting on the weekends. We finished our room and Ben's. And we started on Andrew's yesterday. We're getting new carpet, hopefully in the next week or two, so we want to get all the painting done while a drop cloth is not required!

If you're curious as to what Jason and I are up to... Jason's been playing in a weekly basketball league. And although they aren't quite up to NCAA standards, they aren't totally stinking it up. They play a lot of "young guys who can run for like forever" so they have their work cut out for them. He enjoys it so much, that I've decided not to believe it when he comes home to tell me that he "stunk it up on the court". He's a great basketball player!

I've decided to take up running. And in the process I've discovered that I'm not a natural born runner. I've come to the conclusion that if I was running with a group of people who were being chased by wild animals, they would be thrilled to have me in their pack, because I'd be the first one eaten. But it is good exercise, and although I don't love waking up at 6:30am, I seem to get a lot more done that day!

Last weekend we also had a huge snowstorm. We had 4-6 inches of snow and the boys had a lot of fun. It looked more than a little funny the next day when it was 65 degrees out and Ben and Jason were outside in shorts, throwing snow balls!




No comments: