
On Mother's Day our Pastor reached a point in his sermon where he cradled his arms in front of him and said that his infant daughter will not be allowed to date until she's 75. And when she does date, he'll be polishing a gun when her boyfriend comes to pick her up. He told us that when he looks at her, he realizes that no other man could love her like he does and no one is good enough for her.
As a mother of two boys I have come to realize that I have felt that way about my sons too. One day they will fall in love with a girl, and that girl will be the woman in his life. She will love him for the man that he is and the man that he will be.
I can't tell you how frustrating it feels to be replaced by a dream! By a "Someday...".
Will she love him for all that he is? Will she care for him and stay by his side? Will she put him before herself? Will she be perfect for him?
YES!! She will!!
All I have to do is look at my own husband and I know the truth to that.
I love my husband! I know that I am not perfect, but I am perfect for him. Neither of us settled for the other, we just fit like two pieces fashioned for each other. When I wrestle with insecurity and unworthiness, I remember that I was prayed into this family. My family might not have planned on me, but I truly believe that I was prayed into existence and created by Him... for him.
If I looked at my children and thought, "No one will ever be good enough for him," I'd be living in a world without the hope that my Savior gives me. She is out there, and she will be worthy of him because she was made by Him.
Because we have been praying for her since the day he was born.

2 comments:
Stephanie, that's great! Love this post! You did a great job writing it.
And tell Jason to put some clothes on... :)
That is so sweet Stephanie! You are so eloquent! I wish I could blog half that well. ;o)
Post a Comment