Finding a topic for my blog can be a challenge sometimes. I tend to think of it as a personal diary instead of a family update though. I'll start to write something, and then I get really apprehensive about being too raw or wondering, "Who will read this?" It's easier that I stay more neutral. But I'm noticing that the stress of the holidays, coupled with traveling and the loss of Grandpa, have me turned more inward.
That, and my kids aren't saying cute things as often!
So, I guess what I'm saying is...bear with me when I go mute! I'm trying! Also, if you like what you read, please feel free to leave a comment. They can be very encouraging for writer's block!
I do have a few stories, if I can remember them! The first one happened at the dinner table. We were watching Cinderella, while eating big bowls of Chili and it was near the end when the duke is at Cinderella's house trying the slipper on the step sisters. Cinderella just got out of the locked tower and is running down the stairs to try on the slipper, when the duke's assistant runs to her and is tripped by the Stepmother. (I'm giving you the play by play, just sit back and listen!) The shoe goes flying through the air, and crashed at her feet bursting into to shards. The duke starts to moan, when Cinderella pulls the other slipper out of her pocket. Music rises, Stepmother gasps, everyone cheers... "Yea, she had the slipper!" I excitedly exclaim, for the benefit of the boys. Ben turns to me and says, "Not 'yea'. Now she only has one shoe! What's she going to do with one shoe?"
I still don't have my Christmas shopping done.
'Done', 'started', it's a very fine line.
Anyways, I was taking Andrew through the toy aisle (mistake) and he went beserk! He kept repeating "ahnee", "ahnee" over and over while throwing his arms out at the multitude of toys on the shelves. I was getting exasperated trying figure that out, when I burst into laugher. "Ahnee" translates to "I NEED".
Boys sprawled out, watching TV
By the way, my little sister and I are making cake balls for the holidays. She decided to start a cake ball business, in her free time. You know, somewhere between Senior year activities, new job at Olive Garden, and church. I've, personally, made over 22 dozen in four days. I'm sure she's made twice that! If you are interested in purchasing any for the holidays (we have enough taste testers, thank you very much), let me know, I'll hook you up!

1 comment:
Stephanie, I would love to get the info on the desserts! They look delicious!
Post a Comment