I've missed writing updates. It seems like every time I sit down to write, I literally feel like my head is stuffed with cotton balls. I don't think I could form a sentence, let alone a witty one! A lot has happened since my last update. Jason's grandpa, George, passed away November 25th. Grandpa's wife, Lois, passed away in February, and he's been declining ever since. He was an awesome man, and we all loved him. We named Benjamin after him (Grandpa's middle name). He was a Nazarene pastor and he was a WWII veteran. But most importantly he was a father, grandfather, and great grandfather. We'll miss him. Thank you all for your cards and prayers! Heaven has a new member!
After the funeral on Friday, we traveled to Nebraska. It was a stressful but very nice weekend. Any house with 6 kids under 5 years old is busting with noise and messes, and smelly diapers, and short fuses. But we all managed to have a nice visit, with only minor injuries. Andrew fell down the stairs...twice. I witnessed his second tumble. He leaned on the safety gate and it collapsed. He managed to surf on it down half of the stairway, then it got caught and he rolled the rest of the way down. It was enough to make any mom nervous! The boys actually slept well, and we had a nice visit. We came back on Monday and the little ones, and I, got to lounge around on Tuesday.
The worst tragedy of the whole trip was that we managed to make it home without our beloved pillows. Apparently it was my fault. I guess that two inches from "the pile" does not quantify actually being IN "the pile". My bad. (I love you, babe!) So every morning I'm waking up stiff and aching. Stupid pillow dependency.
Anyways, you all will be happy to know that I haven't bought one present yet this year. So you can delight in at least one person who is further behind than you! I guess I'll have to buy presents sometime soon...
One funny story from our trip...We stopped at Subway on the way home and Ben went behind Jason and started rubbing his neck. He stopped after a few seconds, to Jason's dismay, and Jason asked Ben to keep going. Ben said, "What do I look like to you? A rubber neck man?!"
Ben was showing his soccer trophy to Andrew, and after he felt that Andrew had enough one-on-one time with the trophy he wrenched it out of his brother's hands. Andrew squalled, and I asked Ben why he did that and he said, "Mom, it's got a 2 and an 8 and a 9 on it. I think it's kind of special."
The boys were on the bed, going through Jason's change jar when Ben asked Jason for some of his money. Because Jason "had a lot of it that he wasn't using". Jason started the whole talk about how money isn't usually just handed to people, they have to work for it and earn it. So, we had Ben help us clean house and earn some money. He helped us for about an hour, sorting laundry, picking up toys, putting things back in their places. He earned $2.40 which is a fortune to a five year old. At one point in time, because I'm a party crasher, I told Ben that one day, he'll be expected to do things around his own house for FREE. He promptly told me that he wouldn't do it if he wasn't getting paid. I told him that mommy works around the house all the time without getting paid. He then told me that I don't do anything around the house. "What about all the laundry, and the cooking, and the cleaning?" I asked. "Well, that's not hard like mowing the lawn, so you don't get paid." (Choke!)
I'm hoping to get the Christmas cards I ordered in the mail soon. But I'll give you a little preview of the rejects!

No comments:
Post a Comment