Summer has started. My days are now filled with sunscreen applications, swim trunks and questions of "What are we doing today?"
Jason made the rookie mistake of telling Ben back in May that we were going to Uncle Steve and Aunt Nelda's lake house this summer (in JULY). He told him about the lake, and the boat, and so on and so on. Now, literally every day, I hear, "Are we going to the lake house today with the boat?" This is why I didn't tell him about his swim lessons until 3 hours before the lesson!
We've attended two graduations since I last wrote. My sister, Danielle, and my brother, Logan, are unconcievably now old enough to graduate from high school. Someone should check their birth certificates, cause I still think they are 10 years old.
Jason and I are beginning to get really excited about how much Andrew is talking. He's finally starting to show a little more of his thoughts and personality. He has started following me around the house asking, "What doing, momma?" Ben asked that ALL the time, and exactly the same way.
Andrew loves cheese and anything sweet. He is constantly bringing me slices of cheese to open. He also has a knack of opening my purse and eating all my gum. Not a stick of gum....ALL of my gum. He came to me the other day and handed me a fistful of papers. It was about 20 cinnamon gum wrappers. To make it worse, he swallows it. It doesn't bother him until it comes out and he's sitting in cinnamon poo. Ouch.
Ben is starting to become very mature, which is very odd for us, considering that he still laughs when he toots. (Considering that the men in my family still do that, I've come to realize that he might never grow out of it.) He came to me the other day and was talking about how he didn't share a toy with Andrew and then he realized that that was selfish of him, so he shared it. I try hard not to gawk at him when he says things like that, but it's really hard. I can't help but be awed when he started using the words frustrated, disappointed and concerned in his sentences. He is also starting to become a really good friend. I've noticed that when he talks about each of his friends individually, they are all talked about as his "best friends." He has also started telling jokes. One of my favorites was "why did the chicken cross the road? Because his friends were over there." or "Because that where the food is." He's very creative with his answers!
Ben's favorite food is pizza. This boy can put it down. Seriously. It's so wierd to have a grazer (Andrew) and a gorger (Ben). We had a teen watch the boys one afternoon, and I had put a pizza in the oven before I left. When I got home I asked how they ate, and she said, "Andrew had two slices." Then she paused and said, "And Ben ate the rest!" We had a pizza dinner at church last night and Ben ate 5 large slices. He can pack it in!

1 comment:
That pic of Ben in the grass makes him look so grown up! And Andrew is super cute with his shades on! Glad you guys are enjoying your summer so far.
Post a Comment