You get the idea? It's a lot of "where's" around here. Recently I've been asking "why" a lot. Hopefully some of these will tell the story without me having to lay it all out.
Why does God bless a little boy with a bottom if he refuses to sit on it? Seriously.
Why is it that when I ask for a hug from a little boy I get mauled?
Why are boys made out of toots (artificial or not)?
Why do I have to answer a question five times before they hear an answer?
Why do I get tickled if I give an answer he doesn't want to hear?
Why can a boy not see something that he's looking for when it's right in front of him, and he's likely tripped over it once or twice already?
And most importantly...
Why do boys eat so much?
Why is it that when I ask for a hug from a little boy I get mauled?
Why are boys made out of toots (artificial or not)?
Why do I have to answer a question five times before they hear an answer?
Why do I get tickled if I give an answer he doesn't want to hear?
Why can a boy not see something that he's looking for when it's right in front of him, and he's likely tripped over it once or twice already?
And most importantly...
Why do boys eat so much?
Today I decided to write down everything my boys eat. Jason and I are constantly wondering how we can possibly spend around $150 on groceries a week. So, I haven't figured out how many dollars worth of food it is in a day, but you can get an idea on quantity. I think our big ticket items involve the amount of fruit and milk consumed in a day. So here's the list...
Ben
Breakfast - 1 banana
1 yogurt
1 bowl of cereal
Snack - 1 bag of gummies
1 cup of milk
Lunch - meat & cheese Lunchable
1/2 of an orange
1 sugar free pudding cup
handful of tortilla chips & cheese
1 popsicle
1 juice box
Snack - 1 banana
1 bag of goldfish
Dinner - 4 chicken nuggets
3/4 apple
1 package of gummies
1 cup of juice
Andrew
Breakfast - 1 banana
1 handful of cereal
1 cup of milk
Snack - 1 cup of milk
Lunch - 1/2 orange
1/4 cup of noodles
1 handful of tortilla chips
1 cup of juice
Dinner - 1/2 banana
1 small plate of spaghetti
1 100 calorie bar
1 cup of Juice
Bedtime - 1 cup of milk
Breakfast - 1 banana
1 yogurt
1 bowl of cereal
Snack - 1 bag of gummies
1 cup of milk
Lunch - meat & cheese Lunchable
1/2 of an orange
1 sugar free pudding cup
handful of tortilla chips & cheese
1 popsicle
1 juice box
Snack - 1 banana
1 bag of goldfish
Dinner - 4 chicken nuggets
3/4 apple
1 package of gummies
1 cup of juice
Andrew
Breakfast - 1 banana
1 handful of cereal
1 cup of milk
Snack - 1 cup of milk
Lunch - 1/2 orange
1/4 cup of noodles
1 handful of tortilla chips
1 cup of juice
Dinner - 1/2 banana
1 small plate of spaghetti
1 100 calorie bar
1 cup of Juice
Bedtime - 1 cup of milk
I think we should start taking up a collection for when these boys become teenagers and eat us out of house and home! Yikes! The good think is that it's mostly all healthy stuff. Unfortunately, if it's healthy, it's usually expensive.
So, here are some funny things that have been said recently.
Last week Ben was being a little moody so I told him that he might have to take a nap that day. When he asked why I said that if he couldn't control himself enough to not whine and cry then he is telling me that he must be very tired. His response was, "I'm NOT tired. I HATE tired things."
Ben wanted a lunchable for lunch yesterday, so I told him that since he opened it without asking, he'd have to eat everything. Including the crackers. So, I see that he eats most of them and when I'm not looking he breaks up a couple of the leftover ones. When he proclaims that he is "done" I ask him about the other crackers. He said, "They were already broken, so I can't eat them." I tell him that he can just fit the broken pieces in his mouth better, so he needs to finish them before he can have anything else. I walk away, into the other room, and after awhile he follows me and says, "Mommy, you've been so good today. I think you deserve these," and he hands me three broken crackers to me. Nice try...
Ben, Daddy and Andrew were playing hide and seek in the house tonight and when Daddy hid, Ben and Andrew would seek. Ben would peek around corners saying "Aha" at nothing, hoping to catch daddy. Andrew would trail into the room after him, sticking his head around corners yelling, "Hiya".
Ben's gotten in a little trouble today for saying "blah, blah, blah" when I'm scolding him, among other things. When Jason got home Ben started off on the wrong foot and got himself in trouble. After Ben and Daddy's talk, Ben went into Andrew's room and shut the door. When Andrew tried to get it, Ben barred the door. I got the door open and told him he'd have to leave it open, and this was Andrew's room, so he's allowed in. Ben's response was, "But, I'm just in a bad mood."
Well, I hope you've had a nice week. Tomorrow's Friday so have a great weekend!
So, here are some funny things that have been said recently.
Last week Ben was being a little moody so I told him that he might have to take a nap that day. When he asked why I said that if he couldn't control himself enough to not whine and cry then he is telling me that he must be very tired. His response was, "I'm NOT tired. I HATE tired things."
Ben wanted a lunchable for lunch yesterday, so I told him that since he opened it without asking, he'd have to eat everything. Including the crackers. So, I see that he eats most of them and when I'm not looking he breaks up a couple of the leftover ones. When he proclaims that he is "done" I ask him about the other crackers. He said, "They were already broken, so I can't eat them." I tell him that he can just fit the broken pieces in his mouth better, so he needs to finish them before he can have anything else. I walk away, into the other room, and after awhile he follows me and says, "Mommy, you've been so good today. I think you deserve these," and he hands me three broken crackers to me. Nice try...
Ben, Daddy and Andrew were playing hide and seek in the house tonight and when Daddy hid, Ben and Andrew would seek. Ben would peek around corners saying "Aha" at nothing, hoping to catch daddy. Andrew would trail into the room after him, sticking his head around corners yelling, "Hiya".
Ben's gotten in a little trouble today for saying "blah, blah, blah" when I'm scolding him, among other things. When Jason got home Ben started off on the wrong foot and got himself in trouble. After Ben and Daddy's talk, Ben went into Andrew's room and shut the door. When Andrew tried to get it, Ben barred the door. I got the door open and told him he'd have to leave it open, and this was Andrew's room, so he's allowed in. Ben's response was, "But, I'm just in a bad mood."
Well, I hope you've had a nice week. Tomorrow's Friday so have a great weekend!

1 comment:
Yay, I'm glad to see you've made some posts! :o) Sarah just recently started asking Why? You give her a reasonable answer and she asks Why? again. And again and again.
Post a Comment