The Bailey Medical Hospital in Owasso cleared out today when the fire alarm suddenly sounded at 1:00pm. Alarms sounded through the entire three floors of the hospitals causing some people to exit the building. Among those exiting were the members of Owasso's Chamber of Commerce who were in the Bailey Foundation listening to the Speaker of the House give a speech. Upon further investigation it was found that the culprit was none other than Benjamin Jennings of Collinsville, OK. Apparently the shiny red box and the gleaming white handle was too much of a temptation for this little boy, and outside the cafeteria he decided to see what would happen when he pulled the handle. Marna Salts, of Skiatook and consequently the little boy's Nana, was a little too late with her cry, "Benjamin! NO!" The boy, his mother and younger brother, were asked to leave the hospital when the alarm was finally shut off. The mother, who was flushed with embarrassment, and Benjamin, who was still covering his ears, left in shame after the banishment. Upon exiting the building they realized that their embarrassment was now complete when the arrival of Owasso's Fire Department pulled up to the hospital. The boy's only defense was, "I'm four. I didn't know what would happen."
*Benjamin's only comment in the vehicle following their exile was, "Mommy, don't tell Daddy tonight. I don't want him to be mad."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
OH NO he didn't! I bet you were so terribly embarrassed. I was horrified for you, but couldn't help but smile over his defense of I'm only 4 and didn't know!
Post a Comment