We got our Wii game about two weeks ago, and we have been having a blast playing with it. Ben really enjoys the interaction with the game and the competition between him, Jason and I. Well, we ordered a Wii Fit game online and we finally got it in today. We've hooked it up and he's played a little. The games are almost all played while standing on this fitness board. It helps you to work on your balance, among other things. In one of the games you've got a plate shaped thing with a hole in it, and you've got to try to get a ball to go through that hole, while you move the "plate" with your feet on the fitness board. (Clear as mud?! OK!) After awhile it drops balls onto the plate with other players faces on them. So, one of the balls dropped onto Ben's plate had my face on it. As he was trying to get the balls in the hole, my ball fell over the side of the plate. Ben felt so bad about dropping his "mommy ball" that he turned around and apologized, saying, "Mommy! I'm so sorry, I dropped your ball!"
Some of these games require a lot of moving and coordination and, if you don't do well after some of the games, your man hangs his head in shame. Well, Ben does pretty good for his age, but his scores aren't usually great at some of the games. After one of the games his man hung his head in shame, and Ben said, "What's he doing?" I didn't feel like I could tell him what he was really doing so I'd say, "Oh, he looks really tired. That must have been a hard one!" After one game he scored so low that his man actually threw himself to the ground and pounded his fists! I told him that I think his guy was upset because he knew he could do better, but secretly I'm wondering if he's taking the Wii player's age into account and throwing a four-year old tantrum!
He is actually pretty good at the bowling, and he asked me yesterday if I wanted to bowl with him. I agreed and we were doing well, until I missed a pick up for a spare. I was a little upset with myself, but I didn't say anything. Ben saw that I didn't get the spare though, and he turned to me and said, "Nice try mom. Better luck next time." That sounds sweet, but if you add in his tone, you'd know that he was teasing me!
My last Wii story for the day is about creating his Wii fit character. Since it's a fitness game, it calculates your Body mass index using your height and weight. I had to get the tape measure out for Ben since I have no idea how much he's grown over the summer. I marked his height on the wall and measured him from the ground up. Ben is, apparently, around 4 feet tall! To put this a little more into perspective....when I was in the 5th grade, I was one of the tallest in my class...and I was 4'11". He's not even 5 yet! But you'll be happy to know that his height, coupled with his weight gave my amazon boy a very nice BMI level!
Anyways, here are a few photos taken of my boys over the summer. There were a few occasions where my camera died, and I had my friend, Annette, take photos of the boys on our summer outings! Thanks Annette! So I hope you enjoy them!

1 comment:
Oh, that's a good idea on telling him that his character was tired since he worked so hard on the games!!! I've never seen a mii lie on the ground and pound their fists throwing a tantrum. Keep us posted on your wii adventures!
Post a Comment