Unfortunately, I don't have a whole lot of photos or stories piled up this week. But what I do have is adorable, so I hope you enjoy it!
Ben usually loves to eat. But for some reason, eating while Daddy is at the table can be a painfully terrible process of whining, threatening, negotiating, punishing and crying. I don't know why food has to be such a tearful ordeal. I don't even remember what was on the menu on this particular night, but Ben was having none of it. After a little while, Jason ordered Ben to his room. After a tearful and loud exit, we waited a few minutes before Jason went to talk to him. During his talk Jason thought to tell Ben about all of the little starving children around the world. How many of you heard that speech as a child? I remember thinking, no kid on this earth wants my saurkraut. Jason was telling him of all of the virtues of having good, healthy food to eat, and it was disrespectful to act that way at the table. Ben's perfect little response was, "But Dad, that's why I don't want to eat it! I want to give it to some other kid who doesn't have any food to eat!"
after he ate all of the marshmallows out of it!
1. Food 2. His family 3. His friends
Someone who needs prayer...
1. All the kids who don't have food (I think this was after the dinner debacle) 2. Family and friends
When I got to the forgiveness section, I told him that he needs to think of something that he's done that he knows that Jesus and his parents know was wrong. I told him that we feel better after we pray about them, and Jesus forgives us and that's a good feeling. He looks at me and says, "Mom, I don't want to think about bad things. I just want to think about good things." So he decides to modify it and pray for good things. In this section he prayed that he hopes his Meena great (Carolyn's mother) is having a good time in heaven with Jesus. He wanted Jesus to know that he misses her, and that He (Jesus) needs to bring her back down when he's done with her.
I hope you all have had a wonderful week. I'm sure you are all looking forward to the weekend! Have a safe and fun weekend! Kids go back to school soon! Yay!



1 comment:
I love all the blog worthy material kiddos can come up with! That's really sweet about his Great Meena. Rebekah still mentions my grandma who died 2 years ago next month. She keeps mentioning wanting Jesus to send Grandma back to visit. When I told her heaven is so great that she wouldn't want to come back and we'll see her one day, she said, "Oh yay, maybe I can go get squished by a car and go to heaven to see her." It's morbidly sweet, but it scared me a little that she wants to get run over by a car.
Post a Comment